[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid inductance

Duh.  Thanks for the reality check.  Just when I thought I had all the bases
covered, it's nice to have someone point out the obvious that I missed
entirely.  I'm still going to use the cores, but will need to ponder the
matter more fully.  I'll post my idea so that others may scrutinize it
and point out other potenitally obvious omissions.

Chip

On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, Tesla List wrote:

> >From rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-netSat Jun  1 22:43:31 1996
> Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 21:26:40 -0500
> From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Toroid inductance
>

> Anyone mind if I butt in here?  Chip, if you are planning to employ those
> variac cores in your HV supply line as an RF choke, or if Jim is
> trying to make you,  you both might want to consider that their winding
> to conductive core insulation is only designed by the manufacturer for a few
> hundred volts and as such these sections if used as RF chokes will not be
> capable of holding off high RF voltages end to end, or either end to core.

<SNIP-SNAP>