[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need help comprehending EM

I posted on this earlier but got no replys. I will try once more
before considering the group as an exhausted source of light on
this one subject.

Hi Bob,

	Any 'picture' you try to form for EM wave will most likely
be incomplete. It's very difficult form mental models of electromagnetic
phenomema - anyone who tells you otherwise probably doesn't know
what they're talking about. Even Richard Feynman said that he never felt
satisfied with his own mental models...If you have some math background,
I would suggest that you actually try to look at the Feynamn Lectures V1,2.
You don't have to understand Maxwell's Equations to get the general idea
of EM wave propegation.

-Ed Harris

Addend:
Not even this group could possibly exhaust the intricacies of
electromagnetism.

ps nice pun