[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety FAQ (Electrical Hazards)

Hmmm, I've often held a copper rod in the output sparks of a 4" coil. It
was only 1 kVa so I assume it was quite safe. On a larger coil, say 5 -
10 kVa, would it still be safe to do this?

I know Bill Wysock (spelling?) is renound for sitting atop a 1MV coil.

The reason I ask, is because when I show my new coil, I would like to be
able to demonstrate this effect. The coil is running at about 2 kVa.
Is this safe? (provided I am well insulated and in good tune)

Thanks,

Greg.

P.S. Anyone know any other good demonstrations for TCs, like lighting up
neon lights etc?