[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Optimum Wiring Material?

Tesla List wrote:

> >From paynet-at-interaccess-dot-comMon Jul 29 21:36:53 1996
> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 20:14:48 -0500
> From: Tedd Payne <paynet-at-interaccess-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Optimum Wiring Material?
>
> For the "tank" circuit (connecting the neon xfmr, cap, gap, and primary),
> what would be the ideal wiring material FOR HIGHEST PERFORMANCE?
>
> Would the ideal choice be different for 30ma vs. 60ma neon xfmr?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Tedd

Tedd,

The very best material would be broad flat copper band material.  Next
would be copper tubing.  Third choice would be the outer shield of big
coax such as RG-214. (you can connect or leave unconnected, the inner
wire.) This last choice is more than adequate up to 5KW and looks good,
too.  The transformer connections are not important.  They are not part
of the tank.  I use simple neon sign HV wire for this.