[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3/4 wavelength secondaries

>>From MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nzSun Jul 21 22:11:11 1996
>Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 08:34:11 +1200
>From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: 3/4 wavelength secondaries

Malcolm wrote,

>Hi all,
>        This from Robert caught my eye....

>> There are no physical restrictions that I am aware of  that would
>> ever prevent one from winding a secondary that was the entire 90
>> electrical degrees (1/4 wavelength) in length and resonating it
>> without any sort of topload to a given Tesla coil system.

>I'd be grateful to any body who produces data for a terminal-less
>coil that can do this.
<snip>

>Malcolm

Malcolm,

If you can calculate the isotropic capacitance represented by a
1/4-20 bolt about 2 inches long that might be used as a coil top
terminal as I gave in one of my examples, and then determine how much this
isotropic capacitance will 'pull' the resonant frequency of a 100 KHz
Tesla secondary, then I'll gladly have no objection to your refering to it as a
Top Load!:)

Happy Coiling!, with or without the donut, rwstephens