[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CP Caps

Hi all,
        Just a thought. To complement my magazine article I had to
design low-ESR caps that could be easily built. A few notes : they are
suitable for 5000VAC (uWave supplies), run in air although the coronas
eventually kill them (with careful intermittent use we have got 30
minutes of run time out of them), and are cheap to build. As a simple
work-out-of-the-box design I think they'd be hard to beat. Absolutely
no hazard either - when they do fail, they go in a puff of smoke.
Ironically, the coil continues to work, the discharge just slowly
diminishes as the smoke gets thicker. The design is available on
Jim's ftp site I think.

Malcolm