[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Jeff Parisse's Safety Tips

>From JParisse-at-DDLabs-dot-comSat Jul  6 16:15:48 1996
>Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 23:42:55 -0700
>From: "Jeff W. Parisse" <JParisse-at-DDLabs-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Jeff Parisse's Safety Tips
>
>I've followed these rules for over ten years and they've never let me down...
>

>1. Buddy System - I NEVER coil alone. There is safety in numbers.

   Not a bad idea.  However this would put the damper on a few men
   on these Tesla lists who do it to get away from their wives  ;-)

   [snip]

>Jeff W. Parisse
>
>Comments? Additions?

   Yes.  I was once saved by half-inch thick rubber soles.  Shortly
   out of school on my first job in research, I was hooking up a 3-kV
   power supply which I thought was off.  It wasn't.  (Kids!  I was
   too confident.)  I felt the tiny tingle and was quite surprized.
   Would have been more than a tiny tingle if it hadn't been for the
   shoes, as I was standing on a bare-copper ground plane.

 Fred W. Bach ,    Operations Group        | Internet: music-at-triumf.ca
 TRIUMF (TRI-University Meson Facility)    | Voice:  604-222-1047 loc 6327/7333
 4004 WESBROOK MALL, UBC CAMPUS            | FAX:    604-222-1074
 University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., CANADA   V6T 2A3
 "Accuracy is important. Details can mean the difference between life & death."
 These are my opinions, which should ONLY make you read, think, and question.
 They do NOT necessarily reflect the views of my employer or fellow workers.