[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My post on quote

All,

Wow, my Tesla quote with cautions sure brought a fire storm from Fred
Bach!  I suppose he is even more frustrated than I am with a lot of the
looneys in this area.  I really believe that this list, thanks to Chip's
stewardship is realatively free of folks suffering any delusions
regarding the Tesla coil, specifically.

  It is just a device, a tool and a toy.  It will not do anything
wonderful beyond produce high potentials at high frequencies, act as a
source of direct current, and amuse most of us.  I believe this list is
for the serious and ardent coil builders.  Most of us just derive
pleasure from the operation of the systems and like to experiment with
them for interesting effects.  I would imagine very few of us are
striving for some Teslarian state of nirvana.  I would think most of the
folks Mr. Bach is refering to and railing against are on "those other
lists, boards and homepages".  Most of us came here to escape such
senseless meanderings to which Mr. Bach refers.  The memory of Tesla's
best achievements is only sullied by the hangers-on, wanna-bes and
word-salad producers often associated with "tesla technology".

Richard Hull, TCBOR