[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help!!!

 * Original msg to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting Russell L Thornton <russell.thornton-at-rsa.hisd.harris-dot-com>

> Has any one considered trying a high power RF switch tube that
> is commonly made by Varian?  These can be found at surplus
> outlets or government auctions for a fraction of their original
> cost.

Tube coils operating CW have been around for years. The
oscillator circuit commonly employed is Class-C and there are a
number of tubes that will work. I would suggest a lighthouse
triode of the type used in commercial 450 kHz induction heaters.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12