[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformers

> One note on microwave transformers: I jsut pulled one from a
realatively
> new oven with a bad magneteron. This particluar transfromer IS
CURRENT
> LIMITED by shunting plates just like in neon sign transformers. THe
degree
> of shunting is less however.

I'll have to check mine for shunts- I didn't even think to look when I was
playing with them.  I just figured that since they were trying to suck 70+
Amps out of a 20A breaker that they were not current limited.

Regardless, it's probably safe to assume that you will need seperate
current limiting if you use microwave oven transformers.

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)