[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

>Someone, I believe it was Lawrence Wang, asked me the other day
>about coupling in Tesla coils. Being rather distracted I did not
>take time to reply, so I thought I would briefly discuss this
>now.

>Coupling in a Tesla system is basically the mutual inductance
>between the primary and secondary coils. The mutual inductance
>may be varied by changing the position between these two coils.
>Separating the coils reduces the coupling factor, bringing them
>closer together increases the coupling.

>A coil system that is insufficiently coupled does process all of
>the energy available from the tank circuit. This results in
>spark discharges that are not as violent. Richard Quick

            ???.... ????????

 > Should that be:
 > A coil system that is insufficiently coupled does [not?]
 > process all of the energy available from the tank circuit.
 > This results in spark discharges that are not as violent.

> Or am i talking thru my hat again???
> grins
> dwp

No, you are 100% correct. My focus has been off a tad as of late;
or people are paying more attention to the pap that I write.. :-)

I am closing on my new house here tomorrow, I was supposed to
close today but we were hit by a major winter storm New Years
Day. I am a little preoccupied and distracted, the wife is
packing up stuff right under me, and we have not signed papers
yet... I blame nerves. I hate to move, have more &%-at-$%! than ever
before in my life....

But please don't think this excuses my mental laxity, and I
really do appreciate the fact that you are catching my mistakes.
If for no other reason than the fact that it shows you are
reading carefully. I apologize for the error, and hope you would
be so kind as to point out errors in the future.

Thank you!

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12