[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wow! Is that a capacitor or what?!

Scott,

That capacitor is awesome, and so is the work you went to to get them out.

I hooked it up to a small coil loaded with a smallish toroid, and hooked up
a partially-burned neon transformeer to it and got 18-20" forked sparks
right from the git-go. It's doing better than I've ever seen it do, even
with full power applied. Now I'm going to have to make some good gaps to
go with it. (Oh, and all this is with a poor coil-design too! :)

Thanks for all the trouble/effort Scott, the difference is really major. :)

Dan  <klineda-at-univscvm.csd.sc.edu>