[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Secondary Coil

 * Original msg to: Mrbarton-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com
 * Carbons sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting From: Mark Barton <mrbarton-at-IX.NETCOM.COM>:

> With all due respect, what's with this 200-300KHz stuff?

These are beginning coilers I am talking with here Mark.

These Coils:

1) are cheaper
2) are faster and easier to build
3) are less bulky, they take up less space
4) can be fired with as little as a 9kv 30ma neon

> I haven't made a coil that high in frequency for years.

But you are an expert, a professional in this field. These other
guys are lower key hobbiests.

> First, if you have ever watched a 1MHz coil go, you know that
> you don't want to be anywhere near this frequency.

I try to get these guys started around 200 kHz, and to shoot
downward from there. There is a lot of good coiling between 500
kHz and > 100 kHz where you hang out.

 >Bob, I recommend between 800 - 1000 turns of wire assuming the
 >aspect ratio and wire gauge are beefy enough. Assuming a 6 inch
 >diameter coil form I would close wind with #22 AWG magnet wire
 >for about 880 turns. This will get you ~290 kHz with the bare
 >coil. To get the coil down to 200 kHz, load on a hefty toroid
 >discharger. The coil should perform very well despite the high
 >dissipation factor of the fiberglass coil form. RQ

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12