[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

poly-alum caps

Hey coilers,
I just got R.Hulls poly cap video; lotsa detailed instructions. Looks like
with a little elbow grease you can build some good quality caps. My question
is this...with the size of poly and alum he uses they come out to about
.0187 or so (mfd) so I was wonderin', since the coil I'm buildin' with neon
power, needs about .0047 mfd. Can I just vary the size of the materials to
get the needed capacitance? I'm using a 7" dia. 24.5" winding with #22
magnet wire. One 12000V neon -at- 30 milliamps, but will prolly add another or
two later to get up the watts. Any suggestions or ideas will, as always, be
much appreciated.

                                     Ken Cravens

   If you learn by making mistakes, I'm gettin' a FABULOUS education!