[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: No Subject

In a message dated 96-02-13 14:15:03 EST, tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com writes:

>To: tesla-at-objinc-dot-com
>

>>Secondary Coil:
>>
>>The size of the secondary is based upon the size of my torroid.
>>According to the TESLAC program, I need 1800 - 4000 watts to drive
>>this properly. This program assumes that I use a helix that is
>>8" - 12" in diameter.  According to the TCBA article written by
>>Richard Hull, that diameter is too big.  My thoughts are that I should
>>use a 6" diameter form that is 15" in length.  Does this sound okay?
>>
>>Also, I have heard that gray PVC pipe is reasonable for a coil form...?
>>

>PVC is lossy and not recommended.

Dan,

Many of us are using pvc forms for secondaries.  I have 5 - 6 coats of
polyurethane over the bare pvc form and another 5 - 6 coats over the
windings.  The coil works great.  If I had the money, I would have bought
acrylic - but I certainly am not unhappy with the performance of my
secondary.

Ed Sonderman