[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FET inverter driven coils

Ed,

I have posted on this coil several times in the past.  Is there a digest
version of this list?  If so, you can find detailed descriptions by searching
there.

Once again, in a nutshell:
Runs on rectified 220VAC, 10KW CW, 40KW pulsed.
4 FETs per leg, H-bridge directly driving tightly coupled primary.
Secondary is 22awg teflon wound on polyethylene barrel. Fo=80KHz.
CW operation yields 4 foot flat sheet of electrical flame.
Pulsed operation produces longer forked "classical" Tesla coil look.

Zap,
Mark