[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformers

>         Try to make friends with a neon sign shop owner, and let him/her
> know what you are looking for.  Try to get the 60 mA or higher current
> models if you can, or 30 mA if you are building your first coil.
> Regards,

I have a bunch of different neons that I can use for my current TC
setups, and I'm almost ready for the next step up in power.

I am going to go to an auction at the end of Febrauary where they will
be selling distribution transformers, potential transformers, etc...  At the
auction yard, things will be sold as-is, where-is, and I was wondering if
there was anything else that I could EASILY test for to see if a particular
transformer is OK.  I will have my digital meter, but I seriously doubt if I
would be able to bring along any other equipment that I could use in
this setting, and I would be surprised if they would let me plug a
transformer in to test it    :-)

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)