[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC Inductance Formulas...

Hi All!

I was going through some old TC notes and discovered I had atleast 4
different formulas to calculate the inductance of a coil (air-core).  The
problem is all these formulas give different answers (some +/- 5 mH).  My
question is, which one is right(if any)?  Rather than post all the formulas
I thought I would ask if any knew of a formula for inductance that is
EXTREMELY close to the true measured inductance of the coil?

I believe I have been using Wheelers formula for Self Inductance but upon
discovering these other formulas again, I wanted to make sure I was using
the best formula.

I can post the formulas if some one wants them, I wanted to save lines...

Any help appreciated...

Tim
| Timothy A. Chandler                ||   M.S.Physics/B.S.Chmeistry     |
| NASA-Langley Research Center       ||   George Mason University       |
| Department of Energy               ||   Department of Physics         |
| FRT/Alpha - NASALaRC/DOE JRD/OPM   ||   Department of Chemistry       |
| CHOCT FR Designation 82749156/MG09 ||   OPC-EFC                       |
|                 Private Email Address:  tchand-at-slip-dot-net               |