[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pigs in Mich.

 * Original msg to: Delcokevin-at-aol-dot-com
 * Carbons sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting DELCOKEVIN-at-aol-dot-com:

> Can you tell me exactly what these types of transformers are
> and what they are used for at the power co. and in a tesla
> coil?

I already covered pole pigs. RQ

 RQ> 1) 14,400 V, 1.5 - 3 kVA potential transformer

The potential transformer is a precision transformer used to step
down power for line sensors. These are used by power companies to
monitor the line conditions. I have also seen these transformers
used to step down a kilowatt or two to run cooling fans on larger
substation step-downs.

These transformer are used the same was as any other high winding
ratio transformer is used by a Tesla coiler, to produce high
voltages to supply the tank circuit.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12