[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

Edward V. Phillips wrote:

> GL wrote:
> > "Perhaps I'll learn something in January, when I'm able to run the coil again.
> > I'll try and see whether flipping the primary phasing changes the polarity of
> > the charge induced on a test plate."

> I'd like to place a bet on that.  Rectification must come from
> assymetric electrodes.
> Ed Phillips

True, if you believe that rectification is the culprit here.  I however, do not.
Richard Hull's explanation of the damped sinusoid's DC component is more likely, IMO.
Flipping the primary phasing should change the induced polarity if this is correct.
So far, R. Hull says that it does, and R. Wall says that it does not.

-GL