[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

> From rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com Sun Dec  8 22:55:26 1996
> Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 08:41:11 -0800
> From: Richard Wayne Wall <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)
>
> You wrote:
>
> snip
>

> >Another possible experiment would be to directly measure the DC
> >component of the current at the base of the tesla coil. Unfortunately,
> >I'd guess that DC current component would be about the order of a
> >small Van De Graf --- maybe 10-100 microamps.
> >
> >-Ed Harris
> >

> I have recently performed a series of experiments measuring TC base
> currents using a Weston Thermo-galvanometer.  These preliminary
> experiments indicate that the major currents in TC output are
> electrostatic in nature.  Currents appear to be about three orders of
> magnitude larger than above -- about 10-100 milliamps in the low power
> experimental range selected.
> RWW

Snip

Well that's great! But I have a question: How does your meter seperate
the AC and DC components? Are you sure that the majority of the
current in the TC secondary output is DC --- NOT AC? It seems
unlikely that the "rectified" currents swamp the AC currents which
produce them.

-Ed Harris