[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vacume tube TC

<snip>
<< If that tube is a tetrode then connect the 2nd grid to the plate.  If the
 current gets too high on grid 2 then add a resistor.

 Any tube will work.  You just have to get it right.  Keep trying.

Thanks for the suggestions.  The tube is a tetrode and I have tried tying the
2nd grid to the 1st grid, to the plate directly, and to the plate with
resistors of various values: 100Ohm, 250k ohm and 300k ohm, all to no effect
(no brush output).  Perhaps the values that I have tried are not in the right
ballpark... also how do I know if the 2nd grid current is "too high" (It
hasen't blown up yet).

Any other ideas?

Thanks

-DavidF-