[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Addendum-DC Tesla

Tesla List wrote:

> >From ed-at-alumni.caltech.eduTue Aug  6 21:30:43 1996
> Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 19:06:33 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Addendum-DC Tesla
>
> Re: "Dissimilar electrodes"
> Richard:
>         I meant dissimilar GEOMETRY, not metals.  For example, a
> needle and a sphere or disk or something like that.  At the voltage
> we are dealing with the work functions of the metals couldn't
> have any effect at all.
> Ed

Ed,

OOOPS!  sorry 'bout that!  I definitely prefer to leak of the toroidal
charge with a tungsten needle and collect the DC on a 12" sphere about
12" away.  This is where I charged the big .25ufd 30KV cap in about 20
seconds of operation of the 15 watt coil to about 12KV.  From this the
impedance of the ion cloud limited coil can be figured.

Richard Hull, TCBOR