[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "Astro-Coil P1"

The dielectric losses in many PFC caps (Power Factor Correction
caps) become large when the caps are used in Tesla service, so
unless the dielectric is all plastic expect to keep your run
times short.   Richard Quick

> Since this will be my first coil. How long can I expect to run
> a coil before it has to be shut down, and cooled off?

This really depends. A good guideline would be to keep your runs
between a few seconds and one minute with 20-30 min cool down
periods. There are too many variables to be sure here. On
capacitor built with a pure plastic film dielectric, and properly
rated, 5 min run times are not a problem.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12