[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: secondary coil insulation

> Does anyone on the Tesla list know what would be a good high voltage
> coating for the secondary coil? I,m looking for something that will
> have low dielectric losses. I was thinking about useing epoxy resin as
> a coating. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

I'd suggest Dolph's Black Insulating Varnish (1800V/mil) or Spray-On Red
Insulating Varnish #601 (2100V/mil). Both provide a durable, semi-gloss
finish to protect your windings as well as provide some corona
and zap protection.

EIS sells it. Let me know where your are located and I'll give you the
number. Be aware that there are minimums. I had to buy three cases!

...Jeff