[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3/4 wavelength error

<< Ed and all,

 I would be interested to know your reasoning regarding being able to get
 larger sparks by going to a larger diameter coil. Is this a seat of the
 pants thing? Actually this is what I have seen in practice and I would
 really like to determine the limit if it exists. Every time I increase
 diameter the discharge length goes up!

 Thanks for any comments

 Skip >>

Skip,

My belief in this area is based on my own experience and reading about the
performance of other folks coils running about the same power levels.  Also,
Richard Quick keeps telling me if I want bigger sparks, I need a bigger
secondary.  I have done everything else I can think of to increase the
performance of my present system - pole pig power, rotary gap, copper tubing
primary, 40" toroid, etc.

Ed Sonderman