[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla coil image

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Tesla coil image
>
> >From bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-comWed Aug 21 21:42:37 1996
> Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 22:19:42 -0700
> From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Tesla coil image
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >

> Chuck,
>
> I assume this was taken at some stage of assembly, since I didn't see a
> strike rail. Glad to see your coil is performing well!!
>
> -- Bert --

Bert:
	You are very correct.  The picture was taken about 7/2/96 and the
strike rail was put on, twice, at a later date.  The first location
seemed to close to the primary and significant arcing occurred, so I
repositioned the strike rail about 5/8" higher.  I've now found that the
coil was really out of tune.  Maybe that was the real cause of the
arcing.  Either way no more arcing between the strike rail and the
primary during the last three firings.

Chuck