[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Neons

Hey Fellow coilers,
Here's an easy one...I'm parallel'n some neon xformers that are all the same
model (Jeffersons) and though they are physically identical, some are out of
phase with the others and I have to cross-wire the odd ones. In other words,
instead of terminal A to A to A and B to B to B,  its ABA and BAB (wish I
knew ascii art) So... on the "one" tranny that is different, do i also cross
over the secondaries? Or do they only have to be "in phase" on the primary
side? I never learned the electrical "basics", so any and all info on
transformers hows and whys will be avidly devoured. :o) Thanks in advance!

                           Ken "electronics 101" Cravens

[ You should have all the high voltage ends in phase, so that there
  is a straight wire along both sides.  This avoids crossing over
  transformers and looks tidier.  All you have to do is cross the inputs.
  -- Chip ]