[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New to the group

Tesla List wrote:

> >From wcm-at-tbscc-dot-comFri Aug 23 22:10:52 1996
> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 02:54:16 -0400
> From: William McQuiston <wcm-at-tbscc-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: New to the group
>
> At 10:25 PM 8/22/96 -0600, you wrote:
> >From gowin-at-epic-1.nwscc.sea06.navy.milThu Aug 22 21:55:26 1996
> >Date: Thu, 22 Aug 96 08:46:46 EST
> >From: Dan Gowin <gowin-at-epic-1.nwscc.sea06.navy.mil>
> >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >Subject: Re: New to the group
> >

> >Chip,
> >       I'm new to the group also and coiling. But not new the
> >engineering involved for these types of power systems. I live in
> >Bloomington Indiana and all of the businesses here ship in there
> >neon signs from out of state. Most of the dealers I talked to want
> >$80.00 or more for even a 9 KV 60 Ma. Luckily Bloomington is
> >also home of ABB power, and I just bought a new pole pig at the
> >factory. If you think neons are expensive, a new 5 KVA pole pig
> >is about $400.00. About repairing an old neon, the old ones where
> >filled with PCB type compounds and its a real mess. And according
> >to the Engineers at ABB the engineering is pretty tight.Ask Brent
> >Turner,he has a degreased neon in his book. Brent modified his
> >9 KV 30 Ma neon for 45 Ma output.
> >
> >D. Gowin
> >

> No Kidding
>
>         I am new also. My neon got fried. I checked around and it is going
> to cost 145.00 plus shiping for a new 15KV 30ma. Do you know where I could
> find one for less.
>
> -Nick
>
> -------------------------
> Nicholas Willam McQuiston
> General Geek
> <wcm-at-tbscc-dot-com>

Nick,

Check out "http://www.lightwriters-dot-com/nw/" Lightwriters neonware
has an online catalog. They want $53.80 plus $10 for shipping
and handling for a 15 KV 30 Ma, Transco Poly-Lok. They accept
credit cards and ship same day. They have all kinds of transformers
including those 15 KV 120 Ma kind. They also have 24 KV bombarder
transformers that have hugh current ratings, but they want $2,000
for one of these.

For my coil, I thought a bank of these would be expensive, thats
why I bought a pole pig. Maybe I should count my blessings.