[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My Secondary

Hi,
I've been lurking a while learning about Telsa coils but unfortunately I had
already finished my secondary when I actually learned what I should be
doing. I had slighly more entusiasm than brains and so I wrapped the coil
around a 4' long cardboard tube with 8.5" diameter. I did not paint it with
any kind of finish to make it more of an insulator. I also made a rather
larger mistake in using (and this is the kicker!) #34 wire. So now I have a
4' long 7000 wind inductor and I was wondering if there is any way to make a
working tesla coil out of this or do I just have a big piece of junk. Any
suggestions would be grealy appreciated.

Scott White