[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla coil specs.

RW,

This was some time ago, but I know which transformer was used.  It was 14,400v /
10KVA pole pig.  We were running between 10-15KVA off of 240V/100A residential
mains.  Interestingly enough, we were using Maxwell Labs MYLAR (yuk) capacitors.
We picked up about 20 units rated at 0.22uf/50KVDC for $5ea obviously out of a Marx
bank.  This was quite a find.  They get quite warm (even hot) during extended
operation, but we have never blown one out!  We usually used 2 in series for
0.11uf.