[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole-pig questions

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996 tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com wrote:

> I use a 14.4 KV  5 KVA pole pig.  If I had it to do over, I might have gotten
> a 10 kva unit, although I have had it up to 8.5 KVA and it does not even get
> warm.  Another question is voltage.  I wish I had a 20 KV, 10KVA pig.  I
> don't know if they make them but that is what I would like.  I don't know the
> answer to the three phase question.
>
> Ed Sonderman

Here in Finland they do use 20kV lines (and some older 10kV) so 20kV
polepigs are readily available but only in 3-phase models. I had to call
to every power-company in this country and found no 1-phased models - at
the second time one company admitted that they had an "old" 20kV 7kVA
1-phase xformer that they didn't need and I bought it for about 100usd..
This thing weights 180kg and has never been used before - it still
had original shipment papers from manufacturer with it. They called
the manufacturer and confirmed that it had no pcb's in the oil.

  Kristian Ukkonen.