[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Coil Design

Hi Harry,

Say, why don't you shape a work coil into a Tesla primary and wind a
secondary to match your operating frequency.  At 25KW continuous power
you'd have a beautiful whipping, hissing, spitting, display.  I built a
FET driver that operated at 8KW continuous which produced a 4 foot
sheet of electrical flame that sounded like hell's welding torch.
Several years ago I combed an induction heater surplus yard with just
this idea in mind.   Do it, do it, do it.

Zap,
Mark