[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Another project image.

Quoting Chip:

 > This is a "mock up" of the coil.  I have half of the winding
 > done on the primary.  I perched the toroid that I made on the
 > secondary to give a feel for what it will look like when done.
 > The toroid is 7"x22".  I hope it's not too big.  If so, no
 > big deal.  I'll save this one for later and make a smaller
 > one.

That toroid looks fine. In fact the whole system looks fine. It
looks a bit funny because we wind our primaries backwards from
each other. I start winding from the inside turn out... you start
from the outside turn in. The primary looks smart! You should
have no trouble placing a six inch secondary in this primary and
firing at pole pig power levels...

I see you took my advice and installed a smooth copper plate
ground terminal on a hermetically sealed secondary coil form.
Looks good and my experience is that it will be a super
performer.

BTW, don't overly worry about the secondary exploding. If the
coil form is sealed tight, there is little chance a spark will
get inside to ignite fumes. After a couple of years the fumes
will gradually migrate out of the coil form and the explosion
hazard will eventually diminish to zero.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12