[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coil form finished

 * Original msg to: Jbiehler-at-teleport-dot-com
 * Carbons sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting jbiehler-at-teleport-dot-com (Jerry Biehler):

> I finally finished my coil form.  I now have a 8.25" *30"
> Polyurethane coated PVC coil form. I used about 3/4 of a quart
> to cover it. is that enough?

Perfect!

> The wire should be here friday or monday. Here is probaly an
> odd question, but does it matter which direction the turns on
> the secondary are wound?

The old "rule of thumb" said that the secondary coil should be
wound with the same orientation as the primary. I have tested
this with reversed wound identical coils and I could not tell a
difference either way.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12