[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Powerstats and smaller variacs

> I am going back to the company I got the Powerstats from to get one.
> I noticed that they had some 10 A and 20 A units for 120 VAC when I
> was there last.
>
> Any one else interested?

What are the specs on the larger 240V variacs you have access to and
what are the prices?

Re: 120V control w/a 240V variac...

With a 240V variac, I would think that you could easily hook up 120V
across the 240V terminals and control the 120V that way.  In addition,
since 240V is really two 120V lines with a 90 degree phase difference,
you can use only one of the hot lines on the 240V circuit and get your
120V that way too.

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)