[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wire Losses

Hi all,
        Chip wrote....

> Do you know how twisted stranded wire compares to braided in terms of loss?

Virtually as bad. You can see why by looking at the structure. The
current tries to hop from strand to strand in an attempt to get as
far away from magnetic fields as possible. (This DOES NOT of course
apply to LITZ where each strand is insulated from the other)

> Also, should I then replace the braided ground wire for my secondary with
> something solid or stranded?

Solid is definitely better than stranded. Pipe is better again
(because it generally comes in larger diameters). LITZ and wide
strap are THE BEST.

Malcolm