[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEW DISCHARGER

cc: tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com

Richard,

 ES> How can I drive the resonate frequency down below the quarter wave
 ES> frequency of the secondary?

RQ>You lost me here. Are you referring to the tank circuit RQ>oscillating
frequency?

What I am trying to say is the calculated quarter wave frequency of the
secondary (determined by the wire length) is 154 khz.  This should be where
maximum voltage is produced at the top of the coil.  With two tank caps in
parallel and the primary tapped at 14 turns, I calculate a frequency of
93khz.  I think you are trying to tell me that the secondary has a natural
resonate frequency of it's own and we can change it by adding larger and
larger dishcargers - and that the quarter wave calculations have nothing to
do with it  -- did I get it?

Ed Sonderman