[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

Hello all

I built a small coil some time ago which produces 3" sparks. There is no
shielding of any description around the unit. Now I find that when I operate it
near any 'consumer' electronic equipment, it messes around with their functions.

Example - My Hitachi TV will switch on to channel 3 when the coil is running
several feet away.

I have read many times about how small coils shouldn't be an emission problem
so I can't understand what is going on. The coil runs on a ~200W supply, and
is an old design which is an absolutely basic circuit - xformer, cap, gap and
coils.

Comments?

Phil Mason