[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coil Sealer

 Ku> How thick a coat of high-Q-plastic did you use on the
 Ku> pvc-pipe before winding the coil on top of it?

Hard to say. I never really measured. Generally I use
polyurethane. I coat with a fan and a heat lamp, and will add
sealer until it won't hang on the coil any more without sagging,
then I come back in 30 minutes and recoat again. The process
takes the better part of day this way. The coating builds up
until it is about as thick as common low voltage soft pvc wire
insulation.

Hope that helps.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12