[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

Many years ago I built my first tesla coil in high school.  I did not know
much about resonance and after much reading and education, I realize that I
made many mistakes.  Suprisingly it did work quite well, producing discharges
of about 14 inches.

I am now designing a new Tesla coil and need help in a couple of areas:
First, how do I avoid FCC problems?  How much RFI will be produced?  I am
planning to use a 15,000v 60ma transformer for the primary (900watts).
Second, how do you select the operating frequency?  According to my
calculations an ideal frequency would be around 300khz.  This keeps the
capacitor as well as the secondary coil a reasonable size.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Ed