[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifiers

Quoting EDHARRIS-at-MPS.OHIO-STATE.EDU:

> A guy named Sloan did something similar to generate high
> voltages for his X-ray system in the 30's. He used an ultra
> simple homemade 100kW vacuum tube oscillator to base drive a 10
> turn coil at 6Mhz and got 800kV under load!! I will find the
> references upon request.

I for one request!

David H. Sloan did a wonderful job reinventing the principal of a
base driven resonator 35 years after Tesla. The coil was wound
out of some standard copper water pipe (it has been awhile since
I read this stuff) and was mounted inside of a fairly large
grounded steel bell jar if memory serves correctly. The tip of
the pipe was rounded and pointed at a grounded metal target. The
steel vacuum vessel had a thin window near the target for the
radiation of X-Rays.

If memory serves he used the machine to cure a cancer in the
mother of one of his college professors. It was leading edge in
many areas. This was also the first coaxial helical resonator.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12