[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV cap ver 1.1

In a message dated 95-12-15 11:12:40 EST, tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com writes:

>To: tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com
>
>Back to the original question fellow coilers.
>What is a good instrument to use for discharging caps
>in tesla tanks?  How about it Richard, Ed, Chip, Malcom,
>Scott, and others with working lab coils, what do you use?
>
>Glenn

Glenn,

I only have one capacitor in my tank circuit.  It is wired so that when shut
off, the capacitor is discharged by the pole pig secondary through the
primary of the Tesla coil.  One high voltage lead from the pig is connected
to the capacitor.  The other capacitor terminal is connected to the Tesla
coil primary.  The other side of the Tesla coil primary is connected to the
other high voltage lead from the pig.

Ed Sonderman