[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TESLA, CW

 * Originally By: Rick Eley
 * Originally To: Richard Quick
 * Originally Re: TESLA, CW
 * Original Area: FIDOElectron
 * Forwarded by : Blue Wave v2.12

Have you had any experience driving coils with high freqs instead of the
cap discharge type circuits?
After digesting Tesla's patents and desiding for now not to build a HF
alternator, I have taken a 250 watt switching power supply from a car
audio amp to use. It is currently running at 22 khz, but I'm making the
freq variable, prob from about 10khz up to about 30khz or so, depends on
how the toroid holds up in the supply. I'm rebuilding my previous coil
attempt now, after discovering all the things I did wrong...so I will
drive it with this supply to start off.

Just wondering if you had any direct experience with this type of coil,
and/or helpful advice that you always seem to have handy.

-!- PCBoard (R) v15.21/100
 ! Origin: Sinbad's Shack BBS Chesapeake VA (1:275/34)
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12