[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: All-seeing eye and EM CNS effects

On Fri, 23 Sep 1994 VIMX-at-delphi-dot-com wrote:

>  I am sure I read once that Tesla mentioned the possibility of an "all-
> seeing eye" and that some people think he was predicting the development
> of Television. I think he might have been referring to something like
> radio imaging (using invisible frequencies as light to see by, using
> equipment to view them). Radio Telescopes, Venus mapping, night vision,
> and radar are examples of this. I think it might be possible to "see
> through walls" this way, since radio waves obviously penetrate them.

Something on this appeared in Popular Science about three years ago: how
to make a passive microwave imaging camera.  I stumbled across its
patent recently.  It's basically a microwave scanner based on a prism and
a narrow bandwidth variable frequency receiver.  Its main use was to see
through clouds and fog, so airline pilots could have an all-weather view.
The article mentioned that wooden buildings were transparent in this
range of frequencies.  I expect that human bodies, being conductive,
could be seen, but clothing would be transparent!  World's most expensive
"X-ray specs?"

>  Tesla also mentioned the idea of using EM fields to alter moods,
> specifically suggesting using them to stimulate students in school. I
> find this very intriguing, yet I have been looking everywhere for a
> demonstration of this effect. At this point, I am baffled by the apparent
> lack of effects of electrical fields on the nervous system. After all,
> doesn't electricity play as big a part in sensation as chemistry? Why
> should narcotics affect the nervous system so powerfully, yet there is no
> electrical counterpart to this type of phenomenon?

The above subject is usually discussed with another name: mind control
based on radio energy.  I recall an article which mentioned that
high-power UHF in the 300MHz region was supposed to cause emotional
for each person.  I think this was in Dr. Becker's THE BODY ELECTRIC. I
also heard somewhere that at certain ELF frequencies, some sort of ion
cyclotron resonance was hit, and if adjusted for lithium resonance, that
frequency caused brain upsets in animals.  This one is probably just a
rumor. Since any sucess in affecting brains with RF is easily twisted to
mindcontrol use, I would think there are considerable pressures on
scientists NOT to explore this area.  And probably there are many
governments making great progress in the field, but in the form of black
projects for military psychological weapons.

>  I am new to this group and I hope these are not too off topic, ie
> offensively pseudoscientific. I admit they are weird but if they are
> ridiculous, I want to know why [they are impossible].
>
> -Bill N2QMU vimx-at-delphi-dot-com

William Beaty  voice:206-781-3320   bbs:206-789-0775
EE/Programmer/Science exhibit hobbyist
Seattle, WA 98117

----- End Included Message -----