[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Update

> Updated 11-04-94

I have (with the assistance of others) put together a list of a
references for those who are interested in Tesla and his work.

> Tesla Book Company, PO BOX 121873, CHULA VISTA, CA. 91912
This catalog has pretty much everything: Oscillator handbooks,
Tesla Coil handbooks, Tesla Coil design manuals, coil plans,
Tesla's Complete Patents, Tesla's Lectures, Colorado Springs
Notes, Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils, and many other titles. The
catalog has a 1-800-398-2056 information line. I steer clear of
the time travel, free energy, scalar wave, etc. crackpot stuff...

> Twenty First Century Books, Box 2001, Breckenridge, CO. 80424.
Twenty First Century Books has a very complete Tesla book
catalog, again I steer clear of free energy, zero point, etc..
Tel: 303-453-9293

> Lindsay Publications, Inc., P.O. Box 12, Bradley, IL. 60915
> Voice - 815-935-5353 Fax   - 815-935-5477
Lindsay also offers a good selection of Tesla literature, classic
electronics publications and reprints, and Coil Design software.
I avoid the scalar-wave, free-energy, time-travel, etc., stuff.

> High Voltage Press, 4326 S.E. Woodstock, #489, Portland, OR.,
> 97206, USA
Carried coil plans, manuals, classic reprints, etc..

> INTERNATIONAL TESLA SOCIETY, INC, (ITS) P.O. Box 5636, Colorado
> Springs, Colorado, 80931, USA
They have a book shop that does mail order, again I steer clear
of the crackpot free-energy-time-travel-scalar stuff.

> The TESLA COIL BUILDERS ASSOCIATION, (TCBA) Harry Goldman, 3
> AMY LANE, QUEENSBURY, NEW YORK, 12804, USA.
Publishes a quarterly newsletter NEWS, with parts mart, Q&A,
reader project, historical project, topical reprints (such as the
two Popular Science projects recently mentioned here), etc.. Back
issues and index are available, tell Harry I sent you.

> Information Unlimited, P.O. Box 716, Amherst, NH., 03031, USA
Coils, rail guns, lasers, tasers, stun guns... you name it.
Completed units, kits, parts, or just plans.

> High Energy Enterprises, P.O. Box 5636, Security, CO. 80931
This firm had several publications and literature on high voltage
devices.

> The U.S. Patent Office, Washington, DC.
Copies of Tesla's patents are available for $1.50 each. You must
specify patent numbers.

> Tesla Information, 18321 Edgewood Ave., Villa Park, CA. 92667
They carried Tesla coil design instructions, manuals, and
supplimentary papers and manuscripts.

> Vangard Sciences, P.O. BOX 1031, Mesquite, TX, 75150
BBS: 214-324-3501; Has Tesla software, Tesla papers and Tesla
info; public domain information accepted and available.

> Barnes & Nobel Booksellers, 126 Fifth Ave., New York, NY 10011
Tel: 1-800-242-6657. I list them because they have been
increasing their number of Tesla titles. In addition to a couple
of books reviewed below, they also have a video tape:
> NIKOLA TESLA: THE GENIUS WHO LIT THE WORLD
that takes the viewer inside the Tesla museum in Belgrad Yugo-
slavia where some of Tesla's handmade exhibition equipment was
still operational, and his original demonstrations are
reproduced.

> Tesla Memorial Society, 453 Martin Rd. Lackawanna, NY, 14218
Produced the video mentioned above.

> Tesla, Inc., 820 Bridger Circle, Craig, CO  81625
Technical articles and Tesla coil software.

> chip-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com
Internet mailing list for Tesla files (public domain), or,
write to: Chip Atkinson, 7675 Matai Court, Niwot, CO. 80503
Tel: 303-652-3616

... Books to look out for:

> THE COLORADO SPRINGS NOTES, 1899-1900
By Nikola Tesla... Hardcover, 440pp, Published by NOLIT, Beograd,
Yugoslavia, 1978. At the time of his death, Tesla was actually a
Yugoslavian dependant. Recognized as a national hero, the govern-
ment of Yugoslavia had set up a small trust fund to insure Tesla
had rent and food. At his death in 1943, his personal effects
were examined, plundered a bit, then forwarded to his next of
kin, Yugoslavia, who built a museum in Belgrad (spel Belgrade &
Beograd) to house them. In the mid 1970s the Tesla Museum
organized Tesla's notes from the 1899-1900 experiments at
Colorado Springs, CO., and sent them to the museum publisher
NOLIT. This edition ran in 1978. Prefaced and annotated by
Aleksandar Marincic, Assoc. Prof. of EE Beograd Univ. and advisor
to the Nikola Tesla Museum, Yugoslavia; it accurately transcribes
Tesla's original english manuscript. It includes schematics, and
many B&W photos.

> NICKOLA TESLA ON HIS WORK WITH ALTERNATING CURRENTS
> AND THEIR APPLICATION TO WIRELESS TELEGRAPHY, TELEPHONY,
> AND TRANSMISSION OF POWER
This is a fine product of a modern legal research, edited by
Leland I. Anderson, published in 1992 by Sun Publishing, Div. of
Boyle & Anderson, Denver, CO., 80219. Library of Congress Catalog
#92-60482, ISBN 0-9632652-0-2; this book is the transcript of
Tesla's pre-hearing interview conducted by his legal counsel in
1916. The interview was precipitated by a number of pending court
cases in the fledgling radio industry. One of the attorneys
conducting the interview held an EE degree. Photos, patent
covers, schematics, mechanical drawings, etc. were submitted by
Tesla as the stenographer recorded his answers and explanations.
None of this material was intended for print, and there is no
question as to accuracy or authenticity. His testimony and
depositions led to a US Supreme Court decision in his favor 1943.
Highly recommended.

> THE INVENTIONS RESEARCHES & WRITINGS OF NIKOLA TESLA
Nikola Tesla, 1893 (edited and prefaced by Thomas Commerford
Martin), ISBN 0-88029-812-X, published by Barnes & Nobel (1992
second edition). 512pp, hardcover, (Item #1774447, $9.98 US)
Transcripts of Tesla's famous lectures and articles up to
December 1893, with many sketches, schematics, and wiring
diagrams of Tesla polyphase systems, bulbs, RF systems etc..

> THE COMPLETE PATENTS OF NIKOLA TESLA
Nikola Tesla, edited by Jim Glenn; 1994, ISBN 1-56619-266-8,
Barnes & Nobel, paperback, 535 pp, $14.98 (plus a couple of bucks
shipping and handling in the U.S.), Barnes & Nobel item # 1903210
The title says "THE COMPLETE PATENTS", but Tesla, fluent in more
than five languages, had dozens of additional patents approved in
countries outside the U.S.. However, all one hundred and twelve
U.S. patents are reproduced in their entirety.

> GUIDE TO COLORADO SPRINGS NOTES
Richard Hull, 1994, published by Twenty First Century Books, or
available from the author: Richard Hull, 7103 Hermatiage Road,
Richmond VA, 23228. Cost is $22.50 (which includes shipping and
handling in the U.S.), and well worth the price. Richard Hull is
head of an informal group: Tesla Coil Builders Of Richmond
(T.C.B.O.R.), which is currently the world leader in Tesla
Magnifier development. Mr. Hull also offers a video tape series
which includes a video presentation on the construction of
homemade pulse discharging high-voltage capacitors (Video #3).

> VACUUM TUBE TESLA COILS
James F. Corum, Ph.D. and Kenneth L. Corum, 1987, published by
Corum & Assoc, Inc., 8551 State Route 534, Windsor, Ohio, 44099,
USA. ISBN 0-924758-00-7. Tesla Math, tube coil circuits, theory.