[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla!

The microwave transformers sound like they should work great.  I think I'll
keep my eyes open for old microwave ovens from now on.
As for current limiting, the "standard" method is to use an arc welder with
the output leads shorted and wire it in series with the step up transformers.
I'm pretty sure that arc welders have some sort of current limiting feature
that prevents them from melting when the arc is struck.  If you can't get
an arc welder (not too cheap), perhaps you could use an old shorted out
neon sign transformer.  Since I have several shorted out transformers, I
myself would try using them first.  If these didn't work, I would check some
sort of electronic surplus store and see if they have some current limiting
transformers.  As for building it yourself, I would look in a college physics
book.  If you don't have access to such a book, I can look up formulas for
you and pass them on.

Chip